1. I won’t eat tripe (I never have) – just looking at it is enough to justify this decision.
2. I won’t wear a miniskirt again – I experienced the fashion sufficiently some decades ago.
3. I won’t visit Afghanistan – a dangerous place now; and my Uncle Herbert (Bertie), died there, when he was a captain in a Ghurka regiment, long before I was born. His death was due to food poisoning when he was wounded, and in a weakened state.
4. I won’t marry again. The husband I lost is irreplaceable – and anyway, the urge is feeble.
5. I will go into a “Rest Home” only if handcuffed, drugged and dragged